|Duct Size||3" x 5"|
|Fuel Type||Liquid Propane|
|Low Lead Compliant||Yes|
|Maximum Flow Rate||8.4|
|Maximum Gas Input||180000|
|Minimum Flow Rate||.26|
|Minimum Gas Input||11000|
Liquid Propane, Indoor Whole House Tankless Water Heater, 8.4 GPM (Residential or Commercial)
THIS MODEL IS THE DIRECT REPLACEMENT FOR PREVIOUS RHEEM MODEL: RTG-66DV (LIQUID PROPANE). THE RTG-66DV IS A DISCONTINUED MODEL.
ALL THE HOT WATER YOU'LL EVER NEED… when you need it. It's that simple. The popularity of oversize tubs is growing, and so is the demand for large volumes of low-cost hot water. The Rheem Tankless provides a compact solution for a continuous supply of energy-efficient hot water that won’t run out.
ENERGY-EFFICIENT DESIGN… low-cost operation. Why keep 40-50 gallons of water hot when you don’t need it? It’s expensive to continue to heat and re-heat water when you’re not home or not using it. Rheem’s tankless design offers convenience without the high cost of keeping water hot.
COMPACT SIZE… good things do come in small packages. Rheem Tankless is about one third the size of a conventional water heater. Sophisticated technology has reduced the size and increased the features and benefits. A digital display makes setting a precise water temperature, or monitoring the unit’s status, a snap! Its compact size will leave room for a water softener or extra storage.
COMMERCIAL UPGRADE... Have commercial hot water needs? No problem, Rheem has you covered. With the simple procedure of swapping out a micro-processing chip (does not require a Rheem technician) the maximum temperature of this unit can be raised from 140 degrees to 185 degrees.
- Includes UMC-117 Remote Control: Designed to be installed in the kitchen, the UMC-117 gives users complete control of their tankless unit by putting temperature controls at you finger tips.
- .40 GPM Minimum Activation Flow Rate: Best in the industry, Rheem's units work very well with low-flow faucets, WaterSense faucets, and other applications which don't draw much water.
- .26 GPM Minimum Flow Rate: Also a best in the industry, Once activated, water pressure can be reduced down to a trickle without de-activating the unit. This feature is especially useful in the kitchen, and yet surprisingly overlooked by other tankless manufacturers.
- Self Diagnostic: Should maintenance be required, the unit’s self-diagnostic system will display a maintenance code on the remote control, taking the guess-work out of trouble shooting.
- Energy Star Compliant: All tankless units require electricity to operate the internal fan and motherboard. Rheem has designed their units to draw only what is operationally required, eliminating stand-by losses and earning Energy Star certification. Units are shipped with a standard 120V power cord.
- Guardian OFW™ Overheat Film Wrap: This monitors the temperature of the heat exchanger and will shut the unit down if it exceeds a safe temperature. This is an exclusive feature of the Rheem tankless water heaters.
- Electronic Ignition: Spark ignited when flow is detected, Rheem units eliminate dangerous and wasteful pilot lights altogether.
- Environmentally Friendly Low NOx Burner: meets SCAQMD rule 1146 requirements for emissions standards.
- Freeze Protection: to -30° F
- Manifolding-Ready: When one tankless unit just isn't going to be enough, manifolding two units together is not only possible, but relatively easy. Through the use of an EZ-Link Cable (RTG20040), units can communicate with each other, dividing the work load.
- Warrantied: Heat Exchanger Warranty: 12 Years; Parts Warranty: 5 Years; Labor Warranty: 1 Year
The figures below represent performance estimates and are for sizing purposes only. The RTG-84DV was designed for use in a two bathroom home. For larger applications, consider using the RTG-95DV or manifolding two RTG-84DV's together. For smaller applications, use the RTG-64DV. Please keep in mind that ground-water temperatures vary by region and season.
- 8.4 GPM @ 35° Temp. rise
- 6.7 GPM @ 45° Temp. rise
- 6.1 GPM @ 50° Temp. rise
- 5.1 GPM @ 60° Temp. rise
- 4.3 GPM @ 70° Temp. rise
- 3.9 GPM @ 77° Temp. rise
3" x 5" Special Gas vent piping. Manufactured by one the leading manufacturers of venting materials, Metal-Fab, Rheem offers two packages:
- Horizontal, through-the-wall kit (RTG20210): A complete kit for standard, horizontal installations.
Vertical, through-the-roof kit (RTG20211): A vertical termination kit that does not include the straight length piping, as each vertical termination has different specifications.
- EZ-Link Cable (RTG20040): For manifolding more than one unit together, this cable provides a communication channel between two units allowing for even distribution of work load.
- Flush Kit (RTG20124): Periodically, any tankless unit needs to be flushed to remove naturally occurring mineral deposits. This kit provides the necessary components to complete this service.
- Pipe Cover (RTG20169DVG): A purely cosmetic accessory, this piece covers the piping that is otherwise visible at the bottom side of the unit.
- Commercial Applications Chip (RTG20216B): A user replaced chip for commercial applications only. Allows for 185 degree water temperatures.
Additional Rheem Links
- View Manufacturer Warranty
- Shop All Rheem Products
- Shop All Rheem Liquid Propane Collection Products
Our SKU: RTG-84DVP
This product is listed under the following manufacturer number(s):
- Liquid Propane
*Denotes a finish or option that has been discontinued
Rheem Liquid Propane Collection
Other Products In The Rheem Liquid Propane Collection
TH3 Series 199000 BTU Direct Vent Indoor Whole Hou...$1,200.00-$1,200.00(6)
Liquid Propane Compact Tankless Water Heater 6.6 G...$580.00-$580.00(6)
6.6 GPM Liquid Propane Gas Outdoor Tankless Water Heater$546.67-$546.67(3)
Internal Whole House Liquid Propane Tankless Water...$1,185.00-$1,185.00
TH3 Series 180000 BTU Direct Vent Indoor Whole Hou...$1,066.67-$1,066.67(1)
Rheem Warranty Info
NOTICE FOR CANADA: All Canadian customers please contact Rheem Canada Warranty at 1 800 263 8342 (hours of operation: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm EST Monday-Friday) to verify the warranty of your water heater. Web warranty verification is for US customers only.
Registration of your unit must be done at www.Rheem.com for the warranty to be valid
Please visit www.Rheem.com for specific information regarding your unit