Contact for Pricing
We want to help make your remodel easy and affordable! Please call or chat during business hours using the links at the top of our site to take advantage of this special offer. You may also: Request a Quote
|Moen Shower Valve Buying Guide|
|Approved for Commercial Use||Yes|
|Cartridge Technology||1222 Cartridge|
|Faucet Type||Shower Faucet|
|Installation Type||Wall Mounted|
|Manufacturer Warranty||5 Year Limited Commercial, Limited Lifetime Residential|
|Mounting Hardware Included||Yes|
|Number Of Handles||1|
|Number Of Ports||2|
|Shower Head Included||No|
|Valve Type||Pressure Balanced|
- Valve trim is constructed of metal - ensuring durability and dependability
- Covered under Moen's limited lifetime warranty for residential installations and 5-year limited warranty for commercial installations
- Premier finishing process - finishes will resist rusting and corrosion through everyday use
- Coordinates seamlessly with Moen's Monticello line of products
- Single function cartridge - one dial controls temperature of water
- Pre-set safety stop with override capability included with valve trim
- ADA compliant - complies with the standards set forth by the Americans with Disabilities Act for shower systems
- Escutcheon (Trim Plate) Diameter: 7"
- Rough-in valve is not included - when adding to cart, valve options will be presented
Product Technologies / Benefits:
- Posi-Temp® Valve: A pressure balancing valve that maintains water temperature within 3° F. Built-in temperature limit stops allow you to control how far the handle rotates, in effect controlling the range of water temperature. The Posi-Temp® offers the best water flow available for any comparable valve.
Additional Moen Links
- View Manufacturer Warranty
- Shop All Moen Products
- Shop All Moen Monticello Collection Products
- Buy Replacement Parts For Moen T2442
Our SKU: T2442
This product is listed under the following manufacturer number(s):
- Brushed Nickel*
- Chrome/Polished Brass*
- Polished Brass*
*Denotes a finish or option that has been discontinued
5 Questions from the Community
Yes, you can order the handle by itself. The product id for the handle is 95626.
Can you get the shower handle by itself?
A. Yes, you can order the handle by itself. The product id for the handle is 95626.
The valve options for the Moen T2442 are CC--meaning copper sweat installation or IPS--meaning a threaded installation.
What is meant by the valve being CC or IPS?
A. The valve options for the Moen T2442 are CC--meaning copper sweat installation or IPS--meaning a threaded installation.
There is no escutcheon available that is similar to the Moen T2442. I suggest the 1" extension kit product number 96945. I hope this helps.
The shower valve is deeply recessed into the wall. Is there a similar escutcheon available?
A. There is no escutcheon available that is similar to the Moen T2442. I suggest the 1" extension kit product number 96945. I hope this helps.
The Moen T2442 is a positemp system, which means that you rotate the handle counterclockwise to turn it on, rotating the handle further counterclockwise will make the water warmer. If your current system is a Moen and operates in the same manner, then you can use this trim.
I have a standard valve not PosiTemp or MoenTrol. I want to update the trim w/ the T2442 or similar in Chrome/Brass. Is this possible?
A. The Moen T2442 is a positemp system, which means that you rotate the handle counterclockwise to turn it on, rotating the handle further counterclockwise will make the water warmer. If your current system is a Moen and operates in the same manner, then you can use this trim.
The Moen T2442 would use allan key size 7/64".
what size allan key do I use to undo setscrew 94770?
A. The Moen T2442 would use allan key size 7/64".
Moen Monticello Collection
Other Products In The Moen Monticello Collection
Double Lever Handle$30.51-$45.36(10)
Replacement Handle Knob Insert$30.24-$50.04(8)
Double Lever Handle$20.85-$34.23(4)
Double Handle Moentrol Pressure Balanced with Volu...$29.00-$29.00(1)
Replacement Escutcheon Only from the Monticello Collection$30.45-$30.45(3)
Moen® products have been manufactured under the highest standards of quality and workmanship. Moen warrants to the original consumer purchaser for as long as the original consumer purchaser owns their home (the "Warranty Period" for homeowners), that this faucet will be leak and drip-free during normal use and all parts and finishes of this faucet will be free from defects in material and manufacturing workmanship. All other purchasers (including purchasers for industrial, commercial and business use) are warranted for a period of 5 years from the original date of purchase (the "Warranty Period" for non-homeowners). This warranty is applicable only to faucets purchased after December 1995 and shall be effective from the date of purchase as shown on purchaser's receipt. Faucets purchased prior to December 1995, Moen warrants to the original consumer purchaser that this faucet will be leak and drip free during normal domestic use for as long as you own it. If this faucet should ever develop a leak or drip during this time, Moen will FREE OF CHARGE provide the parts necessary to put the faucet back in good working condition.
25300 Al Moen Drive
North Olmsted, Ohio 44070-8022