|Bulb Base||Candelabra (E12)|
|Glass Features||Water Glass|
|Light Direction||Up Lighting|
|Number of Bulbs||3|
|Pendant Size||Full Sized|
|Pendant Type||Single Pendant|
|Suggested Room Fit||Outdoor|
|UL Rating||Wet Location|
|Watts Per Bulb||60|
This product has additional required/recommended options. To configure, add to your cart.
Maxim Lighting 40428 Three Light Outdoor Pendant from the Carriage House VX Collection
The Carriage House hanging lantern calls to mind the Old English countryside and all its civilized charm. Surely, the dapper gentry of the time would have commissioned Maxim to craft this elegant work of lighted art had it been available to them. Its classic silhouette and understated presence clearly communicate the homeowner’s appreciation for time-honored tradition. In a cool wash of deep grays and charcoal, the Oriental bronze finish adds just the right touch of antiquity to the finely crafted details. Bringing the Carriage House lantern to life, rippling water glass cascades uninterrupted from cap to finial, complementing the cool tones and catching the inner light in fluid pools that seem to ebb and flow. Maxim—the smart choice for beautiful, durable outdoor lighting.
- UL listed for wet locations
- 6 Foot Chain and 12 Foot Wire
- Requires 3 60w Candelabra base bulbs (not included)
- Fully covered under Maxim's 3-year limited warranty
- Bulb Base - Medium (E26): The E26 (Edison 26mm), Medium Edison Screw, is the standard bulb used in 120-Volt applications in North America. E26 is the most common bulb type and is generally interchangeable with E27 bulbs.
- Compatible Bulb Types: Nearly all bulb types can be found for the E26 Medium Base, options include Incandescent, Fluorescent, LED, Halogen, and Xenon / Krypton.
Vivex and Innovation:
- Vivex is far superior to polyurethane resin material used in traditional outdoor lighting and has twice the strength
- Vivex withstands temperature greater than 130°F and less than -20°F
- Injection under pressure into quality steel molds makes Vivex a very hard and dense component.
- The molding process frees designers' creativity, enabling them to implement imaginative designs without the restrictions imposed by the traditional resin process.
- A special paint finishing process with superior adhesion qualities developed specifically for Vivex resulted from a joint effort between the material manufacturer, the paint manufacturer, and Maxim Lighting.
- Maxim Lighting oversees the entire Vivex production process from molding to finishing.
- UL Listed - Indicates whether a product meets standards and compliance guidelines set by Underwriters Laboratories. This listing determines what types of rooms or environments a product can be used in safely.
About Maxim Lighting:
For over four decades Maxim Lighting has been an industry leader of new and innovative lighting designs. It is Maxim’s commitment to its customers that drives their ever evolving design options and unsurpassed quality. From ceiling fans to a wide variety of indoor and outdoor lighting fixtures in both classic and contemporary styles, Maxim is a staple of unique elegance that will brighten any home.
Additional Maxim Links
- View Manufacturer Warranty
- Shop All Maxim Products
- Shop All Maxim Carriage House VX Collection Products
Our SKU: 40428WG
This product is listed under the following manufacturer number(s):
- Oriental Bronze
*Denotes a finish or option that has been discontinued
2 Questions from the Community
Hello, unfortunately the glass type cannot be changed out on the Maxim 40428WG. Lights are typically packaged with a specific shade type that comes with the light and usually they are not interchangeable.
Could the rippled glass be replaced with seeded glass? Extra charge?
A. Hello, unfortunately the glass type cannot be changed out on the Maxim 40428WG. Lights are typically packaged with a specific shade type that comes with the light and usually they are not interchangeable.
The Maxim 40428WG comes with clear water glass and can be used indoors if desired.
In the photo, the glass has a purplish tinge. Is it actually colored? Also, is there any reason "outdoor" lighting can't be used indoors?
A. The Maxim 40428WG comes with clear water glass and can be used indoors if desired.
Maxim Carriage House VX Collection
Other Products In The Maxim Carriage House VX Collection
Carriage House VX 3 Light Outdoor Wall Sconce$318.00-$318.00(1)
Carriage House VX 3 Light Outdoor Wall Sconce$238.00-$238.00(1)
Carriage House VX 2 Light Outdoor Wall Sconce$178.00-$178.00
Carriage House VX 1 Light Outdoor Post Light$138.00-$138.00(1)
Carriage House VX 3 Light Outdoor Wall Sconce$318.00-$318.00
With the exceptions listed below, Maxim Lighting International products are warranted to be free of defects in material and workmanship for ONE YEAR from date of shipment. The exceptions are:
The CounterMax™ MX-L LED Under Cabinet Lighting 87902WT/SA/MB, 87904WT/SA/MB, and 87906WT/SA/MB will be warranted for normal use for 25 years while the original purchaser owns it. Normal use means residential non-commercial use for no more than 6 hours per day in an environment that does not exceed 77°F.
The CounterMax™ MX-X12 Xenon Under Cabinet Lighting 87849WT/MB, 87851WT/MB, 87852WT/MB, 87853WT/MB, 87859WT/MB, 87861WT/MB, 87862WT/MB, 87863WT/MB will be warranted for normal use for 15 years while the original purchaser owns it. Normal use means residential non-commercial use for no more than 6 hours per day in an environment that does not exceed 77°F.
All Vivex™ outdoor fixtures will be warranted for normal use for 3 years while the original purchaser owns it.
Maxim Lighting International will, at its election, repair, replace or make appropriate adjustment where Maxim Lighting International inspection discloses any such defects occurring in normal usage within one (1) year after date of shipment. Maxim Lighting International is not responsible for removal or installation costs. This warranty is limited to the repair or replacement of the product only and that Maxim Lighting International is not responsible for any labor incurred. Use of incorrect installation methods and/or bulb wattage will void the warranty.
To obtain warranty service contact Maxim Lighting International either through your Dealer, Contractor or E-tailer, or by writing Maxim Lighting International, Attn: Customer Service Department, 253 North Vineland Avenue, City of Industry, CA 95746, USA, or by calling 1-800-486-2946 from within the USA and 1-626-956-4200 outside of the USA.
IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING THAT OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE EXPRESSLY LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE DURATION OF THIS WARRANTY. MAXIM LIGHTING INTERNATIONAL AND/OR SELLER DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY FOR SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
Some states/provinces do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, or the exclusion or limitation of special, incidental or consequential damages, so these limitations and exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may also have other rights which vary from state/province to state/province.