Compare Our Prices
|SmartCode Sell Sheet|
|Backset||2-3/4", 2-3/8", Adjustable 2-3/8" or 2-3/4"|
|Cylinder||SmartKey 5 Pin|
|Door Thickness||1-1/2", 1-3/4", 1-3/8", 1-5/8", 1-7/8", 2"|
|Function||Electronic, Single Cylinder|
|Latch Faceplate||Drive-In, Round Corner, Square Corner|
|Number of Batteries||4|
Configure your SmartCode Contemporary Electronic Deadbolt
Free Keying Option more info ▼
Choose "Keyed Alike" to use the same key on multiple locks or "Keyed Different" to ensure that your locks will have different key codes.
Please contact customer service for quotes on master keying or to key multiple manufacturers alike.
Two keys provided per key code.
Latch Type more info ▼Most residential doors are mortised for either a round corner or square corner latch. Drive-in latches do not have a faceplate and are generally used on hollow doors.
Finish configuring above to see price
Please finish configuring above
Kwikset SmartCode Contemporary Electronic Deadbolt
Upgrade to a more convenient, more controllable keyless entry deadbolt with SmartCode™ Signature Series. With your own personal code, you can enter your home with just a few simple pushes of a button and lock it with just one. You also get more control over who has access to your home. Just assign a temporary code to whoever needs one and delete it when you see fit. Now you can totally eliminate the need for keys. SmartCode is easy to install, program and use and operates on 4 AA batteries. SmartCode complements any Kwikset knob, lever or handleset.
- Installs in minutes with just a screwdriver - no hard wiring required
- One touch locking convenience
- Easily replaces any standard deadbolt
- Stores up to 2 codes
- Motorized locking mechanism - No manual thumb turn require
- Uses 4 AA Batteries (not included)
- Batteries last for 1 year - Low Battery Indicater will warn you to replace them
- Backlit Keypad for easy viewing at night
- Optional Auto-Locking feature will lock the deadbolt after 30 seconds
- Optional Locked / Unlocked indicator light on interior for quick verification of whether the door is locked
- Optional audible beeps on each button push
- Featuring SmartKey® Re-key Technology. The lock you can re-key yourself in seconds
- SmartKey cylinders feature a stainless steel side locking bar, racks and pins for increased strength and security
- Patented side locking bar technology offers improved security by protecting against lock bumping, an attack technique used to defeat conventional pin & tumbler locks
- Lifetime mechanical and finish warranty. 1 year electronics warranty.
- Exterior: 2-23/32"W x 4-1/4"H x 1-3/16"D
- Interior: 3-9/32"W x 6-13/32"H x 1-3/4"D
- Backset: Adjustable 2-3/8" or 2-3/4"
- Door Thickness: 1-3/8" to 2"
- 1" Throw, Steel Deadbolt
- Reversible Handing
Additional Kwikset Links
Our SKU: 909CNT
This product is listed under the following manufacturer number(s):
*Denotes a finish or option that has been discontinued
8 Questions from the Community
Does this have an auto-lock feature?
IS the Kwikset 909 series suitable for exterior use?
What are the outside dimensions of the front of the lock AND outside dimensions of the lock's back?
How many codes can be programed?
Can you add a Kwikst 909CNT SmartCode Deadblt w/ a Hawthorne collect handset?
Is this deadbolt compatible with the Control4 home automation system?
Can I use any brand knob with this?
Will the key work if we forgot the code?
Kwikset SmartCode Collection
Other Products In The Kwikset SmartCode Collection
SmartCode Electronic Deadbolt
Warranties cover the original residential user of Kwikset Products against defects in material and workmanship as long as the original user occupies the residential premises upon which the product was originally installed. This warranty DOES NOT COVER abused or misused products or non-commercial products used in commercial applications.
If a covered defect occurs, email or call 1- 800-327-LOCK (5625) for further assistance. A finish deterioration occurring from the use of paints, solvents or other chemicals is not a defect in the finish and is not covered by this warranty.
Kwikset is not liable for incidental or consequential damages. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights that vary from state to state. Mechanical and finish warranties are different for each Kwikset brand. One or more brands may be installed in your home (for instance, Kwikset UltraMax Signatures™ on the front door and Kwikset Maximum Security® on interior doors). Contact Kwikset for specific provisions.