|BHMA Certification||Grade 2|
|Cylinder||SmartKey 5 Pin|
|Door Thickness||1-1/2", 1-3/4", 1-3/8", 1-5/8"|
|Latch Faceplate||Drive-in, Round Corner, Square corner|
Configure your Kwikset 599-3S Gatelatch Double Cylinder Deadbolt with Smart Key Cylinder
Free Keying Option more info ▼
Choose "Keyed Alike" to use the same key on multiple locks or "Keyed Different" to ensure that your locks will have different key codes.
Please contact customer service for quotes on master keying or to key multiple manufacturers alike.
Two keys provided per key code.
Please finish configuring product before adding to cart
Double Cylinder Function: The deadbolt is thrown and retracted by a key from either side. As you will not be able to unlock this from the inside without a key, please check your local fire code to ensure this is allowed before purchasing.
This Double cylinder gatelatch, equipped with the new SmartKey technology, is the perfect way to protect your home or business. The deadbolt is locked/unlocked by a key outside and a key from the interior.
- Key it Yourself: Lock is rekeyable by using the included learn tool in less than 30 seconds without removing the lock from the door.
- Bumpguard: Patented side locking bar technology replaces a traditions pin & tumbler design to protect against lock bumping.
- Drill Resistance: Cylinder uses two steel balls inserted into the front of the key face to resist attack from drilling.
- Door prep: Crossbore 2-1/8" or 1-1/2" Edge Bore 1"
- Door thickness: 1-3/8"-1-3/4" doors standard.
- Cylinder: SmartKey 5-pin
- Smart Key Cylinders are 5-pin, and will not key alike to 6-pin cylinders.
- Includes a Square Corner Faceplate
- Bolt: 1" throw Nickel plated steel.
- Fully adjustable latch & deadbolt to fit standard gates
- ANSI/BHMA Grade 2
- Lifetime mechanical and finish warranty
- This technology allows you to re-key your lock in seconds with 3 simple steps and features stainless steel racks, pins, and side locking bar for increased strength and security.
Additional Kwikset Links
Our SKU: 599-S
This product is listed under the following manufacturer number(s):
- Polished Brass
- Satin Chrome
*Denotes a finish or option that has been discontinued
2 Questions from the Community
The Kwikset 599-S is a double cylinder lock, so yes, you would use a key on both sides.
Does this use a key on both sides?
A. The Kwikset 599-S is a double cylinder lock, so yes, you would use a key on both sides.
The Kwikset 599-S always stays locked when the key is removed.
Does the bolt spring back atomatically when key is removed, or do you have turn the keys to make it lock?
A. The Kwikset 599-S always stays locked when the key is removed.
Kwikset Gatelatch Collection
Warranties cover the original residential user of Kwikset Products against defects in material and workmanship as long as the original user occupies the residential premises upon which the product was originally installed. This warranty DOES NOT COVER abused or misused products or non-commercial products used in commercial applications.
If a covered defect occurs, email or call 1- 800-327-LOCK (5625) for further assistance. A finish deterioration occurring from the use of paints, solvents or other chemicals is not a defect in the finish and is not covered by this warranty.
Kwikset is not liable for incidental or consequential damages. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights that vary from state to state. Mechanical and finish warranties are different for each Kwikset brand. One or more brands may be installed in your home (for instance, Kwikset UltraMax Signatures™ on the front door and Kwikset Maximum Security® on interior doors). Contact Kwikset for specific provisions.