|Specification Sheet / Installation Guide|
|Basin Depth (Left)||9|
|Basin Depth (Right)||9|
|Basin Length (Left)||14.5|
|Basin Length (Right)||14.5|
|Basin Rack Included||Yes|
|Basin Width (Left)||16.5|
|Basin Width (Right)||16.5|
|Basket Strainer Included||Yes|
|Cutting Board Included||No|
|Number Of Basins||2|
|Soap Dispenser Included||No|
This product has additional required/recommended options. To configure, add to your cart.
Garbage Disposal Recommended
- Fully covered under Kraus' limited lifetime warranty
- Constructed of 16 gauge premium grade T-304 stainless steel - guaranteed to never rust or corrode
- Commercial-grade satin finish - highly scratch and stain resistant
- Padded, Stone-Guard undercoat applied over rubber pads to reduce sink noise while in use
- Double bowl (50/50 split) 32-1/4" sink with traditional rounded corners
- Extra deep 9" design is perfect for the semi-professional kitchen
- Undermount installation; fits 33"+ cabinets
- Standard 3-1/2" drain opening compatible with most garbage disposal units (including InSinkErator)
- Height: 9" (measured from the bottom of sink to the top of the rim)
- Overall Width: 18-1/2" (measured from the back outer rim to the front outer rim)
- Overall Length: 32-1/4" (measured from the left outer rim to the right outer rim)
- Basin Width (Left): 16-1/2" (measured from the back inner rim to the front inner rim)
- Basin Length (Left): 14-1/2" (measured from the left inner rim to the right inner rim)
- Basin Depth (Left): 9" (measured from the center of basin to the rim)
- Basin Width (Right): 16-1/2" (measured from the back inner rim to the front inner rim)
- Basin Length (Right): 14-1/2" (measured from the left inner rim to the right inner rim)
- Basin Depth (Right): 9" (measured from the center of basin to the rim)
- Installation Type: Undermount
- Number of Faucet Holes: 0
- Drain Outlet Connection: 3-1/2"
- Minimum Base Cabinet Width: 33"
- Kraus 16 gauge Stainless Steel Sink
- Stainless steel bottom dish grid (basin rack)
- Stainless steel basket strainer (sink drain assembly)
- Dish towel with Kraus logo
- Mounting and installation brackets
- Sink cutout template (for countertop cut dimensions)
- Specification Sheet/Installation Guide
Product Technologies and Benefits:
- Extra Thick, 16 Gauge Stainless Steel: Short of paying thousands of dollars, 16 gauge is as thick as sinks come (22% thicker than 18 gauge; 36% thicker than 20 gauge). Thicker steel means a stronger sink (hence the lifetime warranty) while also offering a richer and more robust appearance to the finish that is easily discernible from the white-washed, cheap look of thinner sinks.
- Premium Grade T-304 Stainless Steel: There are two primary types of stainless steel in the market: T-409 and the higher quality T-304. The difference lies in chromium and nickel contents; T-409 with 11% and .5% respectively, T-304 with 18% and 10%. When added to steel, these two metals prevent oxidation and rust by neutralizing sodium chloride (salt) – a common element in everyday kitchens. While cheaper sinks use T-409, Kraus sinks boast T-304, further lending to the lifetime warranty.
- Sound Insulated: Sound insulated steel is commonly only thought of in the automobile industry. There, auto manufacturers use spray-on “Stone Guard” insulation to provide for a quieter ride and protect the steel. Borrowing this technology and adding to it, Kraus sinks use Stone Guard insulation, sprayed over rubber sound dampening pads to create a noticeably lower-tone and overall quieter kitchen sink. It also protects your cabinet from underside condensation drips.
- Included Dish Grids (Basin Racks) and Basket Strainers (Drains): It’s a wonder why dish grids aren’t included with all sinks; they serve a valuable role. Not only do they virtually eliminate scratches, they allow the sink to properly drain, preventing sink scum and protecting your cutlery. As with most Kraus kitchen sinks, this sink includes the stainless steel sink grids along with the basket strainers you’ll need for installation.
- Heavily Certified: Kraus has gone to great lengths to be able to provide you, the homeowner, the rest-easy satisfaction knowing that your sink is certified and listed by all the major product testing boards in the U.S. and Canada. This means that this sink is deemed safe to use and that it meets all applicable building codes. Certifications and listings include: UPC, cUPC, CSA, IAPMO, ANSI and SCC.
Advantages of Stainless Steel over Enameled Cast Iron or Fireclay:
- Very durable; will never chip or crack
- Dishes usually don't break when dropped during dish-washing
- Due to relative weights, stainless steel is generally much easier (and less expensive) to install
- Nonporous; resists bacteria
- Neutral color fits into almost any décor - matches stainless steel appliances
This kitchen sink is available as a kitchen combo with a number of faucet choices. Like their sinks, Kraus kitchen faucets have gained tremendous momentum within the kitchen and bath industry and are highly regarded for their quality, durability, and meaningful innovation. If you are considering a purchase of this sink and also need a new faucet, we urge you to consider the kitchen combos; they truly are a deal. To the right of these product details you will find 5 kitchen combos that include this sink. All kitchen combos that use this sink can be found by typing "KBU22 combos" into the search bar at the top right of this page.
Special Sale (limited time only):
- Save 5% on Kraus kitchen sinks and faucets with coupon: KRAUSFIVE
Additional Kraus Links
Our SKU: KBU22
This product is listed under the following manufacturer number(s):
*Denotes a finish or option that has been discontinued
11 Questions from the Community
when will this item be in stock
What are the dimensions of the sink? width, depth, lenght
What are the dimensions of the sink?
what faucets fit this sink?
Do you anticipate rusting if the sink is NOT dried after EVERY use? My kitchen is way to busy for that.
Where do I find the garbage disposal fitting to purchase?
My present garbage disposal is under left double sink. Can disposal stay there on new sink or does it matter which side?
Does kraus make a disposal flange and stopper?
Where are Kraus sinks manufactured?
Can the garbage disposal be installed in the right bowl?
How does this sink hold up as far a scratching and wear of everyday use?
A. The Kraus KBU22 is not completely scratch-proof, but it does have a satin finish on the high-quality stainless steel that prevents most light scratching. The basin racks should be used to protect the base of the sink from scratching, however.
Kraus Kitchen Sink Collection
Other Products In The Kraus Kitchen Sink Collection
30" Undermount Single Bowl 16 Gauge Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink
32" Undermount Single Bowl 16 Gauge Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink
32-3/4" Undermount 50/50 Double Bowl 16 Gauge Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink
33" Farmhouse Single Bowl 16 Gauge Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink
31-1/2" Undermount Single Bowl 16 Gauge Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink