|Suggested Room Fit||Living Room|
12V 300W Surface Mount Magnetic Transformer for the GK LIGHTRAIL(R) Collection
Welcome to the new world of George Kovacs(R) lighting. GK LIGHTRAIL(R) systems represent a fresh approach to the concept of rail lighting systems. Our improved design offers all the options with a simple philosophy; make it easy. Let your imagination run wild as you invent new ways to light your home.
GK LIGHTRAIL(R) are low voltage systems that offers you a complete line of components allowing you to create a lighting plan for any room in your home. It consists of flexible rail, a wide array of fixtures and glass, and a variety of transformers that will adapt to all lighting needs. A complete line of accessories are offered to allow your vision to come to light.
Each surface mounted transformer includes a power feed for a standard 8' ceiling. If using a remote transformer, or if the ceiling is higher than the standard 8", you must use one of the adjustable power feeds. Add up the total number of fixtures and the length of the rail to determine what transformer would be best for your layout.
- 12 Volts / 300 Watts
- 9-1/4" Diameter
- 6-1/2" Height
- Includes power feed for a standard 8' ceiling
What is the difference between electronic and magnetic transformers?
- Electronic transformers operate at a high frequency so they are smaller and lighter.
- Magnetic transformers use a lower frequency, are heavier and can operate more efficiently on runs longer than 20' with minimal voltage drop.
What is voltage drop?
- As the power is pushed along the rail each fixture takes its share of the power to operate the light. Therefore, fixtures farthest from the transformer receive less voltage. The fixtures at the end will not be as bright as those closer to the transformer. The magnetic transformer can sustain its full voltage on rail lengths up to 100 feet, Electronic transformers have a maximum voltage up to 20 feet.
What is a power feed?
- The power feed is the piece that feeds power from the transformer to the rail.
Additional Kovacs Links
- View Manufacturer Warranty
- Shop All Kovacs Products
- Shop All Kovacs GK Lightrail Collection Products
Our SKU: GKTF03
This product is listed under the following manufacturer number(s):
- Brushed Nickel
- Sable Bronze Patina
*Denotes a finish or option that has been discontinued
Kovacs GK Lightrail Collection
Other Products In The Kovacs GK Lightrail Collection
Kovacs GK CX
X-Connector Rail Connector from the GK LIGHTRAIL® Series$16.00-$17.00
Kovacs GK CT
T-Connector Rail Connector from the GK LIGHTRAIL® Series$14.00-$16.00
Kovacs GK CI
In-Line Rail Connector for the GK LIGHTRAIL® Series$7.00-$7.50
Kovacs GK CE
Dead-End Rail Connector for the GK LIGHTRAIL® Series$11.90-$13.90
Kovacs GK TH1401
2" Diameter LED Pendant Fixture from the GK LIGHT...$31.60-$39.50
All products are warranted to be free of defects in material and workmanship for one (1) year from date of purchase. This warranty is limited to the correction of any such defect, or the replacement of any such defective item(s), provided that: (a) we are properly notified and consent to the return of the item(s) in question: (b) the item(s) is / are returned with proof of purchase date; and (c) it is found upon inspection by us that the item(s) is / are defective as noted above. This warranty does not cover labor costs, consequential damages, nor does it apply to any item(s) that have been improperly installed, overloaded, altered, or otherwise abused by the customer, its agent(s) or employee(s). Finishes are specifically excluded from the terms of this warranty since they are subject to environmental maintenance dames beyond our control. Other than the described obligation, we assume no further liability with respect to the sale or use of our products. We make no warranty, express or implied, and disclaim any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.