Why has hot water recirculation been virtually impossible for existing homes?
Traditional hot water recirculation is difficult, if not practically impossible to install in existing homes --- especially homes with finished basements. Companies have responded with clunky under sink units that are cumbersome to install and difficult to find electrical power under bathroom sinks.
New Strategy for Existing Homes
Grundfos innovation has developed a solution specifically for the existing home market. The Grundfos Comfort System provides a unique and cost effective solution to your hot water recirculation problems!
- No return line required.
- Installs in less than one hour.
- No electricity needed under the sink.
- Built-in timer & line cord.
- Uses less energy than a 25-watt light bulb.
- Can save up to 16,000 gallons of water per year, per household.
- ANSI/NSF61 and IAPMO listed
- Electrical Connection
- Pump is fitted with 10 foot cord and 115V plug.
- 24 hr, 3 position, 15 minute intervals.
- Speed Number: 1
- Max flow: 6.16 US gpm
- Head max: 5.25 ft
- Approvals on nameplate: UL, CSA
- Pump housing: Stainless steel
- Impeller: PES Composite (30% glass-filled)
- Maximum ambient temperature: 104 degreeF
- Ambient max at 176 degreeF liquid: 176 degreeF
- Maximum operating pressure: 145 psi
- Flange standard: USA Threaded
- Pipe connection: NPT 3/4"
- Pressure stage: 10
- Port-to-port length: 5 1/8 in
- Liquid temperature range: 35.6 .. 150.8 degreeF
- Number of poles: 2
- Max. power input: 25 W
- Rated power - P2: 0.04 HP
- Main frequency: 60 Hz
- Rated voltage: 1 x 115 V
- Current in speed 3: 0.23 A
- Capacitor size - run: 2 µF/400 V
- Insulation class (IEC 85): F
- Motor protection: CONTACT
- Thermal protec: internal
- Type of cable plug: NEMA 5-15P
- Pos term box: 9H
Additional Grundfos Links
Our SKU: 595916
This product is listed under the following manufacturer number(s):
*Denotes a finish or option that has been discontinued
11 Questions from the Community
Does the Grundfos recirculation pump also warm the cold water supply ?
Is the water pressure effected?
Will this system work with single handle faucets?
How do i set the timer so the circulation pump can only run for 15 minutes two or three times per day?
A. The timer control is designed to turn the circulator on and off at preset times, allowing the user to select operation of the circulator during high use periods of the day. The thermostatic control automatically turns the circulator off when the temperature in the hot water line exceeds approximately 130°F (as the case of periods with no demand) and back on when the temperature falls below approximately 110°F (as in the case of periods with high demand). When the timer and thermostatic controls are installed together, in series, the circulator operates ONLY at the preset clock times specified by the user AND ONLY when the temperature conditions of the thermostat are met. That is, if either the timer control or the thermostatic control switch is open (off), the circulator will not operate.
You can read the full instructions here: http://www.us.grundfos.com/Web/Download.nsf/Pages/D0244CA815A9CABA88257092007897DF/$File/L-UP-TL-092.pdf
What thread size are the inlet and outlet?
Does this pump have a union connect to 3/4 pipe on the inlet port?
Can the pump be installed at the farthest point of a recuirculating loop?
Would one Grundfos 595916 system work for a two-storey four bathroom home?
A. Thank you for your question. The Grundfos 595916 should have no issues in a 2 story home with 4 bathrooms. At the most, you may need to purchase an additional valve, but that would only be if the recirculation was insufficient. The tech I spoke with at Grundfos does not anticipate this, but warned it was a possibility. I hope this helps!
if installed per instructions will this pump also bring hot water to showers quicker
If the pump supplies hot water to all the faucets will it also supply hot water to the showers in those rooms
Will this work with a tankless water heater?
Grundfos Comfort System Collection
Other Products In The Grundfos Comfort System Collection
Comfort System Under-Sink Valve
Grundfos FLEX HOSE KIT
Flex Stainless Steel Hoses, Pair