We still have product details, accessories, and reviews below, scroll down to see them!
- Airtight galvanized steel housing - perfect for commercial code applications
- Powered by ebm-papst external rotor motorized impeller for excellent heat dissipation, even at low RPM
- Backward curved impeller
- Permanently lubricated sealed ball bearings for maintenancefree operation
- Automatic reset thermal overload protection
- 100% speed controllable
- Rated for airstream temperatures up to 140 degree F
- Five-year factory warranty
- UL Listed; CSA Certified
Additional FanTech Links
Our SKU: FG6XL
*Denotes a finish or option that has been discontinued
8 Questions from the Community
Do you have this model in an 8" version?
A. The FanTech FG8XL 507 CFM FG Series In-Line Ventilator is the 8" version of the FanTech FG6XL In-Line Ventilator.
What is the most CFM you have for a in line 6 in duct?
Which speed controller is recommended for the FG6
can the fantech fg6xl be connected to 12 foot of 6" pipe with holes in it for exhausting cigar smoke from a 24X 30 room
A. The FanTech FG6XL can be connected to pipe, or to a register, for venting purposes. It is rated at 483 CFM, and your 24 X 30 room, assuming a ceiling height of 9, contains 6480 cubic feet of air. So: the FG6XL will change all the air in the room about every fifteen minutes; your arrangement for intake of the air sounds reasonable as long as you have the holes sized and positioned well. You should consider a filtered air intake arrangement for the room too - you will need makeup air!
Can this fan be used in a kitchen enviroment ?
Where can a get a filter for the FG series suitable for kitchen exhaust.
can i install this in an existing 6 inch flex supply to cool an insulated garage
Is there any type of bracket available to hang or mount this fan? I need to hang it from a basement ceiling, but it will be connected to flexible duct work, so the duct will not support the weight of the fan.
EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY STATED IN THIS AGREEMENT
THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, BY OPERATION OF LAW OR OTHERWISE. FANTECH DISCLAIMS THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AS TO BOTH FANTECH AND NON FANTECH PRODUCTS. FANTECH’S WARRANTIES EXTEND SOLELY TO ITS CUSTOMER. FANTECH WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOSS OF USE, REVENUES, PROFITS OR SAVINGS, EVEN IF FANTECH KNEW OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Equipment Warranty and Disclaimers:
- Subject to conditions (b) through (h) below, Fantech warrants that Equipment sold by it will be free from defects in material and workmanship during the Warranty Period. During the Warranty Period, Fantech will repair or replace any defective item of Equipment or part or component of Equipment, promptly sent to Fantech by Customer, which Fantech determines was defective due to faulty material or workmanship. “Warranty Period” means the period stated to be such on the operations manual;
- Because Equipment requires ongoing maintenance, the preceding warranty is void if the maintenance specified by Fantech as required maintenance has not been performed, as determined by Fantech;
- This Warranty is void if the Fantech label control number or date of manufacture, which is affixed to the Equipment, has been removed or altered in any way;
- This Warranty does not apply to damage occurring after Fantech shall have delivered the Equipment to a shipper. If damage, whether concealed or visible, has been caused by shipping, Customer must file a claim with the freight company;
- This Warranty does not apply to damages resulting from improper wiring or installation, or resulting from improper consumer procedures such as lack of proper maintenance, misuse, abuse, abnormal use, use by an application other than one recommended by Fantech, or accident or application of incorrect electrical voltage or current;
- This Warranty does not apply to damage or failure caused by any cause beyond the control of Fantech, including acts of God, war, terrorism, riot, or insurrection;
- In no event will Fantech be liable for claims, demands, or actions against Customer by any person except as provided in Section 3;
- The entire liability of Fantech and Customer’s exclusive remedy for any defective, non-Fantech products provided under this Agreement is limited to their return to Fantech within 90 days after shipment for refund of the amount paid to Fantech for such products (not including any amounts paid for related services).
Warranty Claim Procedure.
- Customer will pay transportation and insurance costs to ship Equipment if an offsite inspection and repair location is designated by Fantech. Fantech will pay the return costs if the Equipment was defective. Labor costs of diagnosis are not included in this Warranty.
The user must keep a copy of the bill of sale to verify purchase date.
These warranties give you specific legal rights, and are subject to any applicable consumer protection legislation. You may have additional rights which vary from state to state.