|Door Thickness Specification|
|Door Thickness||1-1/2", 1-1/4", 1-3/4", 1-3/8", 1-5/8", 1-7/8", 2", 2-1/2", 2-1/4", 2-1/8", 2-3/4", 2-3/8", 2-5/8", 2-7/8"|
|Solid Construction||Solid Brass|
Configure your Emtek 8355US19 Low Profile Style Brass Modern Double Cylinder Deadbolt
Backset more info ▼The backset of your door is the measurement from the edge of the door to the center of the bore hole. Some products have an adjustable backset latch; however this product does require a designation.
Door Thickness more info ▼Measure this dimension to determine what your needs are for your door hardware. Please refer to the installation instructions and technical specifications of each product to make sure your doors and the door hardware you choose are compatible.
Free Keying Option more info ▼
Choose "Keyed Alike" to use the same key on multiple locks or "Keyed Different" to ensure that your locks will have different key codes.
Please contact customer service for quotes on master keying or to key multiple manufacturers alike.
Two keys provided per key code.
Latch Type more info ▼Most residential doors are mortised for either a round corner or square corner latch. Drive-in latches do not have a faceplate and are generally used on hollow doors.
Please finish configuring product before adding to cart
Double Cylinder Function: The deadbolt is thrown and retracted by a key from either side. As you will not be able to unlock this from the inside without a key, please check your local fire code to ensure this is allowed before purchasing.
- Equipped with a full 1" throwbolt
- Fully adjustable latch to fit all standard door preparations (2-3/8" to 2-3/4" Backsets)
- ANSI/BHMA Grade 3 Security
- Lifetime mechanical and finish warranty
- Patented side locking bar technology offers improved security by protecting against lock bumping, an attack technique used to defeat conventional pin & tumbler locks.
- This technology allows you to re-key your lock in seconds with 3 simple steps and features stainless steel racks, pins, and side locking bar for increased strength and security.
- Backset: Adjustable for 2-3/8" or 2-3/4"
- Crossbore 2-1/8"
- Edge Bore 1"
- Latch Face 1" x 2-1/4"
- Door thickness: 1-3/8"-1-3/4" doors standard.
- Cylinder: 5-pin SmartKey cylinder, cannot be keyed alike to a 6 pin cylinder.
- Bolt: 1" throw
- 660-S: Single Cylinder Deadbolt
- 665-S (This Model): Double Cylinder Deadbolt
Additional Emtek Links
Our SKU: 8355
This product is listed under the following manufacturer number(s):
- Flat Black
- French Antique
- Lifetime Polished Brass
- Oil Rubbed Bronze
- Polished Brass
- Polished Chrome
- Polished Nickel
- Satin Nickel
*Denotes a finish or option that has been discontinued
4 Questions from the Community
The Emtek 8355 will work on a door as thin as 1 5/8" thick. If you can provide us with your current Emtek key code we can send you this product already keyed to match your existing key.
1. What is the Minimum Door Thickness Required? Can I order the keys to match an existing Emtek Key that I have?
A. The Emtek 8355 will work on a door as thin as 1 5/8" thick. If you can provide us with your current Emtek key code we can send you this product already keyed to match your existing key.
The Emtek 8355 includes an optional ring for the trim. If that is installed, the diameter is 2-3/4". If the ring is not installed, the diameter is 2-3/8". This lock is referred to as low profile because without that ring, the deadbolt only projects 5/8" out from the door.
What is the diameter of the outside trim of Emtek 8355? Why is this lock called "low profile"?
A. The Emtek 8355 includes an optional ring for the trim. If that is installed, the diameter is 2-3/4". If the ring is not installed, the diameter is 2-3/8". This lock is referred to as low profile because without that ring, the deadbolt only projects 5/8" out from the door.
The Emtek 8355 projects 7/8" with the ring or 5/8" without (you don't have to install it).
How far does it project from the exterior of the door?
A. The Emtek 8355 projects 7/8" with the ring or 5/8" without (you don't have to install it).
The Emtek 8355 can be used up to a door thickness of 2-3/4".
what is the maximum door thickness this lock will work with
A. The Emtek 8355 can be used up to a door thickness of 2-3/4".
Emtek Low Profile Collection
Emtek Limited Warranty
Emtek Products, Inc. (the “Company”) warrants to the original purchaser that, except for products with Rust, Deep Burgundy, Medium Bronze, Flat Black Patina and Silver Patina finishes, the products manufactured by it (the “Products”) are free of defects in material and workmanship, provided:
- the Company has been notified within five years of purchase date and has been given the opportunity of inspection by return of any alleged defective Products to the Company, free and clear of all liens and encumbrances, transportation prepaid, accompanied by a statement of defects and proof of purchase; and
- the Product has not been modified, abused, misused or improperly installed, maintained and/or repaired during such period; and there is no warranty on Rust, Deep Burgundy, Medium Bronze, Flat Black Patina and Silver Patina finishes.
The Company shall, at its option, either repair or replace, free of charge, any Products or part thereof found upon the Company’s inspection, to be so defective, or at the Company’s sole discretion refund the purchase price, less a reasonable allowance for depreciation, in exchange for the Product.
The Company makes no other warranty, and all implied warranties including any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose are limited to the duration of the expressed warranty period as set forth above. The Company’s maximum liability hereunder is limited to the purchase price of the product. In no event shall the Company be liable for any consequential, indirect, incidental or special damages of any nature arising from the sale or use of the product, whether in contract, tort, strict liability or otherwise.
- Some states do not allow limitations on incidental consequential damages or how long an implied warranty lasts so that the above limitations may not fully apply.
- This warranty gives specific legal rights and a buyer may also have other rights which may vary from state to state.
- For warranty service please contact Build.com customer service at (800) 375-3403.