|Country Of Origin||USA|
|Delta Smart Solutions||H2Okinetic Technology, Monitor Pressure Balance Valve, MultiChoice Universal Valve|
|Diverter Location||Tub Spout|
|Drain Assembly Included||No|
|Faucet Type||Bathtub Faucet, Shower Faucet|
|Flow Rate (GPM)||1.4, 1.5|
|Made in America||Yes|
|Mounting Type||Wall Mounted|
|Number Of Bodysprays||0|
|Number Of Handles||2|
|Slide Bar Included||No|
|Valve Technology||Delta Monitor, Delta MultiChoice|
This product has additional required/recommended options. To configure, add to your cart.
Rough In Valve Required
- Made in the U.S.A. (Manufacturing plants: Greensburg, Indiana; Jackson, Tennessee)
- Fully covered under Delta's limited lifetime warranty
- Superior finishing process - faucet finish covered under lifetime warranty
- A charming teapot-inspired series of faucets for the entire home
- Timeless design is a perfect marriage of both form and function
- Single function H2Okinetic shower head
- Dual function cartridge - separate volume and temperature controls
- Pressure balancing valve cartridge with scald guard
- Tub/Shower package includes: valve trim, shower head, shower arm, and tub spout
- Designed for use with standard 1/2" or 3/4" U.S. plumbing connections
- ADA Compliant
- All necessary mounting hardware included
- H2Okinetic: Delta’s proprietary H2Okinetic technology uses the science of fluidics to create a warmer shower experience that feels like more water, without using more water. This is accomplished through larger water droplets that leave the spray head in a unique wave pattern. H2Okinetic showers are self-cleaning, have larger spray holes that don’t clog, and do not use any moving parts, so they are very low-maintenance.
- Independent Volume Control: Dual-control valve trims are what separate Delta showers from the competition. The top, smaller handle controls temperature, while the bottom, larger dial controls the water volume (flow rate). The distinct advantage to this is that you can set the temperature control to a temperature you like, and then leave it, turning the shower on and off each time with the volume control. You’ll never have to fuss with the temperature again.
- Eco Friendly: Delta’s Eco Friendly showers do more than protect our nation’s water resources. By using less hot water, they extend your hot water supply – meaning you can enjoy longer, warmer showers. Those who take quick showers will enjoy the reduced water-heating costs alongside reduced water bills.
- Monitor: Delta Monitor showers feature pressure balance valve cartridges, which protect against sudden temperature or pressure changes to keep the water in the shower within a safe +/- 3°F. Monitor valves also feature a high-temperature limit stop that can be adjusted to suit your shower needs.
- MultiChoice Valve: Flexibility is the big benefit of the MultiChoice Universal Valve. Once the MultiChoice rough is installed, future shower function upgrades or style changes can easily be made without altering the plumbing behind the wall.
Valve Trim Specifications:
- 120-degree swing temperature dial
- Separate volume control
- Temperature control includes pre-set safety stop with override
- Escutcheon Diameter: 7-1/2" W
- MultiChoice rough-in valve sold separately (when adding to cart, valve will be offered)
Shower Head Specifications:
- Swivel ball assembly - 360 degree shower head rotation
- Flow Rate: 1.5 gallons-per-minute
- Shower Head Width: 7-29/32" W
Shower Arm Specifications:
- Shower Arm Length: 6"
- Adjustable wall flange
Tub Spout Specifications:
- Spout Length: 5-1/2"
- Includes diverter for switching between tub/shower applications
- Unrestricted flow rate fills tubs quickly
- T17478-H2O: this model
- T17478: this model without H2Okinetic technology
- T17T478: this model without H2Okinetic technology + TempAssure technology
- T17278-H2O: this model without tub spout
- T17278: this model without tub spout or H2Okinetic technology
Delta is more than just a brand of kitchen and bathroom faucets. It’s a name that represents what’s possible in today’s plumbing technologies. Every kitchen and bathroom in every home is unique, and with a wide range of pricing and features, Delta faucets and fixtures can meet every need.
Delta is driven by its quest for innovation—and this applies to its kitchen and bathroom faucets and fixtures. From Touch2O technology (which turns the faucet on and off with just a touch) and MagnaTite technology (which eliminates droopy pull-down spray heads), to H2Okinetic showers (for a warmer and more luxurious shower experience), your life is simplified through innovations. And if you’re searching for a product to offer an eye-catching focal point, while providing durability and reliability for a lifetime, look no further than Delta.
From extremely affordable and reliable faucets to fully loaded fixtures featuring today’s leading technologies, Delta has a faucet for everyone.
Additional Delta Links
Our SKU: T17478-H2O
This product is listed under the following manufacturer number(s):
- Brilliance Stainless
- Venetian Bronze
*Denotes a finish or option that has been discontinued
7 Questions from the Community
The Delta T17478-H2O has a metal tub spout.
Is the tub spout metal or plastic?
A. The Delta T17478-H2O has a metal tub spout.
The Delta T17478-H2O has many valves available for this faucet depending on the copper piping you have in your wall. If it is threaded then you are going to want a valve that has the UN as the suffix and ones with IP are going to be copper on copper.
Which valve number is the correct one for this faucet? There are many from which to choose in the drop down list when I put it in the shopping cart.
A. The Delta T17478-H2O has many valves available for this faucet depending on the copper piping you have in your wall. If it is threaded then you are going to want a valve that has the UN as the suffix and ones with IP are going to be copper on copper.
The Delta T17478-H2O shower head does swivel, the 7.5" is for the escutcheon for the water control, and yes it has a ceramic disc valve.
Does the shower head in this model swivel? What does width 7.5" mean in the technical specs? Does it have a ceramic disc valve?
A. The Delta T17478-H2O shower head does swivel, the 7.5" is for the escutcheon for the water control, and yes it has a ceramic disc valve.
The Delta T17478-H2O is a single function showerhead and does not adjust the volume on the system.
Does the shower head turns to adjust volume?
A. The Delta T17478-H2O is a single function showerhead and does not adjust the volume on the system.
The Delta T17478-H2O is most likely using different size valves then one from 1992, as the industry standards for the piping has been changing. Unless it was an installation within the last 2 years and the same brand and set up, then I always assume you are going to need the valve.
I want to replace a brass Delta shower and faucet in the 1500 series with a brushed nickel or stainless color. Will I need to replace the whole wall rough in? It was installed in 1992.
A. The Delta T17478-H2O is most likely using different size valves then one from 1992, as the industry standards for the piping has been changing. Unless it was an installation within the last 2 years and the same brand and set up, then I always assume you are going to need the valve.
The Delta T17478-H2O is a different shower head. The difference between H@) technology and standard is that the H20 has an oscillating shower head. The H20 feels like it's putting out more water and hotter water because of the size of the water droplets and the pattern, when in fact it's putting out less water.
what is H20kineyic technology on the delta T17478-H20
A. The Delta T17478-H2O is a different shower head. The difference between H@) technology and standard is that the H20 has an oscillating shower head. The H20 feels like it's putting out more water and hotter water because of the size of the water droplets and the pattern, when in fact it's putting out less water.
The Delta T17478-H2O is constructed of solid brass to ensure quality and reliability.
What is the shower head made out of?
A. The Delta T17478-H2O is constructed of solid brass to ensure quality and reliability.
Delta Leland Collection
Other Products In The Delta Leland Collection
Leland Pull-Down Spray Kitchen Faucet with Magneti...$187.00-$275.00(146)
Leland Pullout Spray Kitchen Faucet with MagnaTite...$202.62-$290.50(45)
Leland Widespread Bathroom Faucet with Diamond Sea...$168.45-$252.59(5)
Leland Monitor 17 Series Dual Function Pressure Ba...$100.04-$160.05(17)
Leland Single Metal Lever Handle$23.96-$38.32(13)
With Delta® Faucet Company, you can be sure you're getting products of the highest quality.
All parts and finishes of the Delta faucet are warranted to the original consumer purchaser to be free from defects in material and workmanship for as long as the original consumer purchaser owns their home. Delta recommends using a professional plumber for all installation and repair. Delta will replace, FREE OF CHARGE, during the warranty period, any part or finish that proves defective in material and/or workmanship under normal installation, use and service.
This number is for customer use only : Customer Direct Replacement parts may be obtained by calling 1-800-345-DELTA (3358) or by writing:
- Delta Faucet Company Product Services
55 E. 111th Street Indianapolis, IN 46280
Labor charges and/or damage incurred in installation, repair, or replacement, as well as any other kind of loss or damage are excluded.
Proof of purchase (original sales receipt) from the original consumer purchaser must be made available to Delta for all warranty claims.
This is the exclusive warranty by delta faucet company, which does not make any other warranty of any kind, including the implied warranty of merchantability.
This warranty excludes all industrial, commercial and business usage, of faucets whose purchasers are hereby extended a five-year limited warranty from the date of purchase, with all other terms of this warranty applying except the duration of the warranty. This warranty is applicable only to Delta faucets manufactured after January 1, 1995.
Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. Any damages to this faucet as a result of misuse, abuse, or neglect or any use of other than genuine Delta replacement parts WILL VOID THE WARRANTY. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state. It applies only to Delta faucets installed in the United States of America, Canada and Mexico.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our warranty plan, please e-mail us, or call 1-800-345-DELTA (3358).