|Duct Size||4" Round|
Spring Loaded Backdraft Damper for 4" Ducting
Dampers function as flow regulators and prevent ventilation when not desired, such as when the system is not in use. Let us provide all the accessories needed to install an AXC In-Line Duct Fan or EXT External Mount Exhaust Fan.
Continental Fan Company was established in 1986 to manufacture and distribute quality ventilation equipment. Their objectives then were simple… to provide superior products, dependable service, and competitive pricing. They remain unchanged today.
- Neoprene damper seal minimizes leakage
- 20 gauge steel housing, aluminum spring loaded butterfly damper blades
- Gasket designed to withstand temperatures from -22° F to 180° F
- Requires from 0.04 to 0.08 inches wg pressure to open
- Simple installation in any position, entire assembly inserts into duct
- Exterior foam gasket assures a tight seal against duct
- Includes stamped metal sleeve with center pin design
- Fits 4" Round ducting
Additional Continental Fan Manufacturing Links
Our SKU: BDD100
This product is listed under the following manufacturer number(s):
*Denotes a finish or option that has been discontinued
2 Questions from the Community
Will this backdraft damper (BDD100) keep the cold air from blowing in my fresh air vent for my furnace .. my furnace runs every 10 min when the wind is blowing and you can feel the cold air draft in the gas furnace return.. Is there a hood that works well with this damper.. I have condsation in my flex vent from the cold air coming in all the time
A. Because they are designed to work with exhaust vents, not intake vents, backdraft dampers stop air from coming into the house, or in your case the furnace combustion chamber, at all. Please consult either the manufacturer of your furnace or the person/company who installed your furnace.
Is this suitable for use in a gas dryer exhaust duct ?