|Country Of Origin||USA|
|Element||Finned Steel Sheathed|
|Heater Type||Wall Heater|
|Installation Type||Recessed, Surface|
|Made in America||Yes|
2000/4000W 240Vac - Model 198
Perfect for lobbies, entrance ways, vestibules or any area requiring high wattage heating. All models feature an energy-saving, built-in fan-delay switch, which allows element to warm up before fan starts, preventing cold air delivery. The fan also remains on as the element cools down to provide the most efficient use of the remaining warmth.
- Factory Wired For 4000W At 240V Ac – Easily Converts To Half-Wattage
- 100% Efficient Heating Element. Steel-Sheathed, Plate-Finned, Heavy-Duty Enclosed Heating Element Provides Heat Quickly And Quietly
- Steel-Sheathed, Plate-Finned, Heavy-Duty Enclosed Heating Element Provides Heat Quickly And Quietly.
- Adjustable, Built-In Heavy-Duty Disc-Type Thermostat. Thermostat Security Cover Included. Can Be Operated By Built-In Adjustable Thermostat Or Optional Wall-Mount Thermostat
- Manual Reset Overload Protection
- Internal Fan Delay Prevents Cold Air Delivery
- Heavy-Duty, One-Piece Steel Grille Louved To Direct Air Downward For Even Room Heating
- Durable, White Baked Enamel Grille Blends With Virtually Any Decor; Keeps Its Appearance After Years Of Use Even In High-Traffic Areas
- Permanently Lubricated Motor
- Complete Heater Assembly Can Be Easily Removed From Housing For Cleaning
Additional Broan Links
Our SKU: 198
This product is listed under the following manufacturer number(s):
*Denotes a finish or option that has been discontinued
4 Questions from the Community
how do i make it to work with a wall thermostat
Is it possible to purchase the heating element only for this unit?
How many sq ft dose this unit heat?
what is the SEER rating for the Broan 198?
Broan High-Capacity Collection
Other Products In The Broan High-Capacity Collection
Wall Heater with Built-In Thermostat, 3000W
Surface Mount Kit for High-Capacity Heaters
One Year Limited Warranty
Broan-NuTone warrants to the original consumer purchaser of its products that such products will be free from defects in materials or workmanship for a period of one year from the date of original purchase. THERE ARE NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
During this one-year period, Broan-NuTone will, at its option, repair or replace, without charge, any product or part which is found to be defective under normal use and service.THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT EXTEND TO FLUORESCENT LAMP STARTERS AND TUBES. This warranty does not cover (a) normal maintenance and service or (b) any products or parts which have been subject to misuse, negligence, accident, improper maintenance or repair (other than by Broan-NuTone), faulty installation or installation contrary to recommended installation instructions.
The duration of an implied warranty is limited to the one-year period as specified for the express warranty. Some states do not allow limitation on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
BROAN-NUTONE'S OBLIGATION TO REPAIR OR REPLACE, AT BROAN-NUTONE'S OPTION, SHALL BE THE PURCHASER'S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY UNDER THIS WARRANTY. BROAN-NUTONE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH PRODUCT USE OR PERFORMANCE. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state. This warranty supersedes all prior warranties.
To qualify for warranty service, you must (a) notify Broan-NuTone at the address telephone number below, (b) give the model number and part identification and (c) describe the nature of any defect in the product or part. At the time of requesting warranty service, you must present evidence of the original purchase date.
Broan-NuTone LLC, 926 West State Street, Hartford, WI 53027 (1-800-637-1453)